Innovation in Social Care
Meeting the escalating demand for social care is probably the greatest challenge local government faces in the next decade and is certainly among the greatest for the overall public sector. But necessity is invariably the mother of invention and local authorities are embarking on ever-more innovative ways of providing social care that both meets the needs of the user and is at a lower cost.
This award category looks at the most innovative projects and programmes by local authorities and their partners to improve the quality of social care, reduce overall costs and deliver greater independence for users.
The Judges will be looking for:
- Clearly demonstrated service outcomes with sustainable performance improvement in quality
- Innovation in methods of delivering care and support
- Sustainable long-term efficiency savings
- Services designed around the needs of service users and carers
- Methods and practice that are replicable and contribute to best practice
- A culture of quality and continuous improvement
- Collaborative working with partners, third party providers and commissioners