With challenging budgets for the public sector, much more emphasis is being placed on achieving more with fewer resources and with delivering outcomes not just outputs. Yet despite budget constraints councils are still expected to help their residents and their communities. This category looks at how through innovation council teams have made a real difference to the lives of their citizens by providing better outcome-focused services or projects.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- Evidence that a service or project has delivered improved outcomes to the lives of its users.
- The involvement of individuals and communities to make a real difference to peoples lives.
- Practical examples of community engagement
- Demonstrable examples of a joined up approach to local services that deliver more for less including cross public sector, private and voluntary sectors
- Innovative projects that have attracted funding from a number of different sources
- Imaginative use of resources and sources of funding.