Reinventing Public Services
Sponsored by :
Local Government have been dealing with the effects of budget reductions for many years now. Fundamental change in how public services are delivered is now a necessity and the very basis and model of public services has to change.
Delivering efficiencies, increasing fees and charges, reducing staff and trimming around the edges will simply no longer provide a lifeline – local authorities will have no option but to undertake fundamental, wholescale reinvention to maintain the services people value.
Local Authorities are transforming in whole or in part across the country and redefining the role of public services.
The judges want to hear from organisations who have:
- Challenged statutory need and reduced demand
- Reshaped the local market
- Redesigned employee roles to change demand or behaviour
- Created financially based cross service partnerships
- Restructured based on need for services or embedded teams into the community