In this category, local authority managers from departments across their organisations are invited to nominate one or more of their younger staff whom they feel shows exceptional ability, dedication and promise. Entries should be submitted by the staff member’s line manager with examples of the staff member’s achievements and why the manager believes they deserve to be nominated. Nominated candidates should be available to attend the judging day.
- An overall description of the staff member, with an explanation of why the organisation/line manager believes they deserve the title of rising star
- An account of their career history thus far
- Detail of the contribution made to a project or event that demonstrates the staff member’s dedication to their job
- A description of a staff member’s contribution to a project or event that demonstrates their enthusiasm and willingness to go the extra mile
- A wider narrative around the candidate’s ability to work across the organisation, within a team, or with the public
- A statement on why the organisation/line manager believes their staff member has the potential to succeed