The best of Local Government services are recognised and promoted through the The MJ Local Government Achievement Awards. The Awards have been held every year since 2004 with great success, rewarding many ‘on the ground’ officers and managers. With ministers and chief executives attending, The MJ Awards ceremony is seen as one of the major events within the public sector calendar.
The MJ Awards presents the perfect opportunity for any organisation to develop marketing campaigns, highlight policy and cement bonds within the offices of local government. Participation is seen as a must for leading government service providers.
The MJ Awards offer the unique opportunity of tailoring award criteria to suit your needs and ensure councils are showing efficiency gains and best practice in the areas that are of most interest and importance to you. We purposely do not have a set list of categories and instead encourage new innovative categories. We work in partnership with sponsors to find the perfect award title that will work for you as well as one that is topical or needed within the industry. This means that you can be directly involved in judging the submissions giving you a real insight into the working life of council departments, experience their achievements and share their journey first hand.
As a sponsor you will benefit from:
Pre-Awards Promotional Activity
- Naming the category title of your choice
- Your logo on all promotional literature and mailings
- Branded letter to departments specific to your category (use of MYB professional data lists)
- Inclusion in The MJ press releases and relevant announcements in The MJ
- Your logo on promotional adverts within The MJ
- You will define the judging criteria for the award
- One place on the judging panel for the award category
- Advise/recommendations on choice for the other 2 judges
- Your logo, company info and link against your category on
- www.localgov.co.uk/mjawards or http://awards.themj.co.uk
- One full-page advertisement per category in the Finalist brochure
- Use of The MJ Awards logo for your own communications
Awards Ceremony Promotion
- One table of ten at the awards ceremony for your staff & guest
- Extensive branding throughout the awards ceremony (photographic back-drop, menus, signage)
- Networking opportunities with local authorities, ministers and VIP guests.
- 1 x welcome station in dedicated reception area for sponsors and their guests
- VIP treatment and extended champagne drinks reception
- Sponsors logo on the award trophy
- Presentation of the award to your winning council by a company representative
- Post-Awards Promotional Activity
- One full-page advert per category in the winners brochure, distributed at LGA
- Inclusion in the Winners announcement in The MJ
- Your logo associated with all online promotion
- Logo on ‘winners follow-up’ editorial piece in The MJ
- First refusal as sponsor of the award the following year
As a sponsor you will receive frequent brand awareness and exposure within The MJ magazine over 9 months through marketing of the awards. This will further serve to underline your commitment to working with local government and as a sponsor you will develop an excellent relationship with The MJ editorial team.
The Awards Ceremony is specifically timed to take place at the end of June so that we can announce the winners to the whole of the industry at the LGA – the biggest local government conference. We also try to tie in the Finalists announcement with the PPMA conference and any other events happening within the local government calendar.
As you can see, at each stage of the process, we do our best to maximise the exposure The Awards receive to ensure the highest level of nominees for each category are generated.
We would like to thank all of our supporters and sponsors without which, the awards would not be possible